Job Description & Requirements
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (RN)
We are seeking an Emergency Room Registered Nurse in St. Louis, MO to join our team with a facility at the forefront of ground-breaking medical treatments, procedures, clinical trials and comprehensive patient care!
Emergency nurses practice their specialty by adhering to the standards and guidelines of the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA), as described in the Standards of Emergency Nursing Practice and Emergency Nursing Core Curriculum publications. The nursing staff are guided by the policies and procedures of the Facility's Nursing Service Department and the standards, policies and procedures developed for the Emergency Department. Emergency nurses possess a unique body of knowledge and a set of skills that can be rapidly mobilized. They work independently, interdependently, collaboratively and cooperatively with physicians, pre-hospital care personnel, and other health care related personnel and agencies in our service area to provide optimum care for the patient.
THIS IS A 13 WEEK LOCAL CONTRACT ASSIGNMENT WITH GUARANTEED HOURS.
Call Belinda at 314-236-0155 for details!
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, or disabled patients
- Diagnose and establish patient treatment plans
- Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
- Educate patients about health maintenance and disease prevention
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Maintain accurate patient medical records
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members
- Minimum 1 Year current experience in ER nursing
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- MO Nursing License