Job Description & Requirements
Certified Surgical Tech - OR Per Diem - Kaiser Roseville
Nursefinders is hiring experienced Surgical Technologists to work at Kaiser Permanente in the Bay Area!Block booking (set schedule) or as needed basis:
As neededGenerally how many hours per week:
20-40 hours minimumPreferred Experience requirements:
Santa Rosa, Roseville, Oakland, Redwood City
Please complete an application online and then email firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information on moving forward with this openingSurgical Technologist Job Description:
Surgical technologists are allied health professionals, who are an integral part of the team of medical practitioners providing surgical care to patients. Surgical technologists work under the supervision and delegatory authority of a surgeon to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive and non-invasive surgical procedures, ensuring that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety. Surgical technologists are experts in the theory and application of the principles of asepsis and sterile technique to combine the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation and tools and technologies to facilitate a physician’s performance of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.Surgical Technologist Responsibilities:
Surgical Technologist Requirements:
- Prepare sterile operating rooms for surgeries.
- Sterilize equipment and instruments.
- Stock adequate supplies for surgery.
- Prepare patients for surgery by washing and disinfecting incision sites.
- Provide support during surgery by passing instruments and other supplies.
- Track surgical supplies.
- Stay up-to-date on surgical technology, medical terminology, and procedures.
- Work well with surgeons, surgical assistant, nurses and general surgical team.
- Help provide great patient care.
- A graduate of an accredited surgical technologist program and surgical technologist certification.
- Experience with instrumentation.
- Current BCLS.
- Strong understanding of surgical technology and surgical procedure.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Passionate about patient care.