Job Description & Requirements
Medical Surgical Licensed Vocational Nurse
Are you a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) looking for additional career opportunities or maybe even just flexibility? If so, then Nursefinders is the place for you! Nursefinders is hiring for LVN MedSurge nurses to provide patient care in the West Texas area. Per diem opportunities are available on the day shift, 6:30am-7:00pm.?Responsibilities:
- Provide care to patients after illness, injury or surgery or with acute health conditions, pr patients who are being treated with pharmaceuticals.
- Record, assess and observe patient progress, reactions and symptoms.
- Assesses needs of patient and develop plan of care based on assessment
- Check vital signs, give injections and perform catherizations and Point of Care Testing
- Coordinate referrals and inter-agency communication.
- Manage pain
- Monitor patients in restraints and seclusion and maintain patient safety
- Determine medical or psychiatric emergency need and provide intervention
- Perform related duties as assigned
- 9+ months of experience in M/S within the past 3 years (accumulated)
- Current BLS (ACLS a plus!)
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Please call Meredith at 806-799-4868 for more information or apply online.