Job Description & Requirements
Emergency Room Registered Nurse- Kaiser
Under general supervision and in collaboration with other members of the health care team, uses clinical judgment skills to diagnose and treat human responses to actual or potential health problems. The RN is responsible for assessing, planning, directing, providing and evaluation nursing care for patients and coordinating nurses care activities with other health care disciplines.
• Performs accurate multi-system assessments, including: biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, education needs and discharge planning needs.
• Reassess patient throughout hospitalization.
• Performs complete discharge assessment.
• Develops an individual nursing plan of care.
• Appropriately delegates patient care activities based on patient's condition and scope of practice of other health care providers.
• Classifies acuity level of assigned patients.
• Bases nursing care on protocol in place for management of each patient.
• Correctly carries out the physician's plan of care.
• Accurately documents in the EMR.