Job Description & Requirements
Registered Nursing Needed Outpatient Clinic in Brighton, NY
To prepare MRI patients for their exams.
Obtain IV access, review medical history to ensure patient is able to safely complete the exam.
Registered Nurse Qualifications:
- Provide education and support to patients having MRI
- Screen patients for safety
- Place IV for MRI contrast administration
- Triage any patient reactions, document, and communicate with referring doctors
- Triage any EWBC patients within the office who are in need of medical assistance throughout their appointment
- Demonstrate ability and appropriate technical skills when administering treatments and procedures in accordance with physicians orders
- Work with Radiologist following specific guidelines in determining patients who will require medication for MRI due to history of allergy reaction to contrast dye. Contact patient to communicate directions.
- Order and stock supplies needed for MRI injections and patient care
- Maintain crash carts and perform monthly checks
- Organize Flu Clinic, CPR certification, OSHA education meeting
- Maintain OSHA standards throughout office
- Assist with MRI biopsies when required
- Use of Avairis medical software
- Use of Rochester RHIO to obtain pertinent test results relevant to MRI
- Coordinate vacations and sick days around per diem coverage
- Patient Call List-reaches out to previous cancer patients on behalf of EWBC to follow up on patient and document
- Infectious disease-assists in determining patient safety for any infectious disease or related condition. Educates staff on protocols
- Reports to MRI department manager for and concerns, questions, or instructions
- Works with Radiologist in case of emergency and follows direction on critical patient care
- Trained in Power Injector usage
- Registered Nurse with excellent IV skills
- Current NYS license
- Ability to work accurately and thoroughly
- Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others. Compassionate
- Team player
- ACLS certified
In addition to per diem nursing assignments that let you choose your location and schedule, Nursefinders offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Comprehensive Medical Benefits (for those determined to have worked full-time after a 12 month ACA eligibility period)
Supplemental Benefits: Dental, Vision, Medical Indemnity, Life Insurance with optional Critical Illness and Short Term Disability.
FREE Online CEU’s to all Active Staff’
“Star Rewards”- performance incentives
About the Company
Nursefinders, an AMN healthcare company, is your trusted local and per-diem nursing staffing agency, offering thousands of top-quality nursing (RN) career opportunities in the locations and times that best suit your lifestyle. With a nationwide network of offices to serve you, Nursefinders has the most exclusive contracts with top-ranked hospitals and facilities across the nation. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.