Job Description & Requirements
Physical Therapists Assistant
The Physical Therapist Assistant provides physical therapy treatments to patients to facilitate increased independence and functioning under the supervision of a Licensed Physical Therapist.
• Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences and other required meetings as a representative of physical therapy, under the direction of the physical therapist.
• Responsible for adherence to department and patient treatment schedule, timely clinical and billing documentation requirements as well as work related meetings.
• Works with other members of the rehabilitation team to implement programs and activities consistent with the needs and capabilities of each patient.
• Acts as an assistant to the Physical Therapist when the Physical Therapist is performing tests, evaluations, and complex procedures.
• Instructs patients, families and other caregivers in the skills and techniques of the physical therapy treatment program under the supervision of the Physical Therapist.
• Maintains appropriate and timely documentation for all patients treated.
• Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair of equipment, as necessary.
• Puts Patient Service First: Ensures that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights.
• Implements patient's individualized treatment plan as established by the primary Physical Therapist.
• Provides individualized physical therapy treatments including but not limited to:
• Therapeutic exercise including aerobic capacity conditioning, balance coordination, agility training, body mechanics and postural stabilization, flexibility exercises, gait and locomotion training, neuromotor development training, relaxation, strength, power, and endurance training
• Functional training
• Manual therapy
• Airway clearance techniques
• Integumentary repair and protection
• Use of electrotherapeutic, physical agent and mechanical modalities
• Health and Wellness
• Falls Risk Interventions
• Chronic Disease Management Education
• Organizes and facilitates treatment groups in collaboration with the physical therapist.
In addition to per diem nursing assignments that let you choose your location and schedule, Nursefinders offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Comprehensive Medical Benefits (for those determined to have worked full-time after a 12 month ACA eligibility period)
Supplemental Benefits: Dental, Vision, Medical Indemnity, Life Insurance with optional Critical Illness and Short Term Disability.
FREE Online CEU’s to all Active Staff’
“Star Rewards”- performance incentives
About the Company
Nursefinders, an AMN healthcare company, is your trusted local and per-diem nursing staffing agency, offering thousands of top-quality nursing (RN) career opportunities in the locations and times that best suit your lifestyle. With a nationwide network of offices to serve you, Nursefinders has the most exclusive contracts with top-ranked hospitals and facilities across the nation. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.