Job Description & Requirements
Licensed Practical Nurse
Nursefinders of Kentucky has partnered with a large skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility in Paducah, KY. We have per diem and contract opportunities for all shifts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION
- Responsible during the shift for the total nursing care of residents in the assigned unit.
- Assumes responsibility for compliance with Federal, State, Local, and company regulations.
- Explains procedures and treatments and care plan to resident.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Transcribes physician’s orders.
- Charts progress notes in an informative, factual manner that reflects the care administered as well as the resident’s response to care.
- Receives/gives report from/to nurse he/she is relieving/coming on and records sufficient information and implements appropriate follow-up action as necessary
- Follows established procedures for charting and reporting all reports of incident/accidents for residents and employees.
- Conducts frequent rounds to evaluate effectiveness of care delivery.
- Prepares equipment and aids Physician during treatment and examination of resident.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of resident.
- Observes resident, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or Physician of resident’s condition and
- reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of resident.
- Responds to emergency situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Assists in completion of the care plans (acute and long term) and is involved in the care conference as deemed necessary.
- Participates, reports to DON/ Administrator and conducts (as appropriate) investigations related to any alleged abuse.
- Ensures that documentation is reflective of the care plan and that the approaches on the care plan are being followed.
- Coordinates residents’ rehabilitation program with therapists to ensure 24 hour rehabilitation needs are met.
- Identifies residents at risk for nutritional problems and implements preventative measures.
- Records new/changed diet orders. Forwards information to the Dietary Department.
- Assures documentation is accurately completed for admission, discharge and transfer.
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS
Current State of LVN/LPN with a minimum of 2 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Good standing in the state registry is required.
Call 614-431-3655 for details.
In addition to per diem nursing assignments that let you choose your location and schedule, Nursefinders offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Comprehensive Medical Benefits (for those determined to have worked full-time after a 12 month ACA eligibility period)
Supplemental Benefits: Dental, Vision, Medical Indemnity, Life Insurance with optional Critical Illness and Short Term Disability.
FREE Online CEU’s to all Active Staff’
“Star Rewards”- performance incentives
About the Company
Nursefinders, an AMN healthcare company, is your trusted local and per-diem nursing staffing agency, offering thousands of top-quality nursing (RN) career opportunities in the locations and times that best suit your lifestyle. With a nationwide network of offices to serve you, Nursefinders has the most exclusive contracts with top-ranked hospitals and facilities across the nation. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.