Job Description & Requirements
Operating Room Nurse
Operating Room Nurse
Dedicated to providing high quality healthcare in a community-oriented manner.
Located in Nevada, Iowa.
Per Diem, Contract and block booking available.
Operating Room Nurses (OR RN) provide direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles. In addition to general nursing care, responsibilities of OR Nurses include (but are not limited to):
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Conducts pre- and post-operative education
- Serves as the communication liaison to family and members of the operating team
- Takes and monitors patients’ vital signs
- Ensures that operating on correct patient and the correct procedure is being performed
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
- Preps operating room for patient/procedure
- Initiates corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomatology
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician. Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their post-treatment home care needs, self-administration of medication and rehabilitation
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Current nursing license, in good standing with the State licensing board
- Minimum of one (1) year OR experience within the last 3 days
- BLS certification
Please call 515-225-3800 for details.
In addition to per diem nursing assignments that let you choose your location and schedule, Nursefinders offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Comprehensive Medical Benefits (for those determined to have worked full-time after a 12 month ACA eligibility period)
Supplemental Benefits: Dental, Vision, Medical Indemnity, Life Insurance with optional Critical Illness and Short Term Disability.
FREE Online CEU’s to all Active Staff’
“Star Rewards”- performance incentives
About the Company
Nursefinders, an AMN healthcare company, is your trusted local and per-diem nursing staffing agency, offering thousands of top-quality nursing (RN) career opportunities in the locations and times that best suit your lifestyle. With a nationwide network of offices to serve you, Nursefinders has the most exclusive contracts with top-ranked hospitals and facilities across the nation. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.