Job Description & Requirements
Medical Surgical Licensed Vocational Nurse
Are you a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) looking for additional career opportunities or maybe even just flexibility? If so, then Nursefinders is the place for you! Nursefinders is hiring for LVN MedSurge nurses to provide patient care in the Midland/Odessa, TX area. You will have the option of per diem or block booking on the night shift, 6:30pm-7:00am.
- Provide care to patients after illness, injury or surgery or with acute health conditions, pr patients who are being treated with pharmaceuticals.
- Record, assess and observe patient progress, reactions and symptoms.
- Assesses needs of patient and develop plan of care based on assessment
- Check vital signs, give injections and perform catherizations and Point of Care Testing
- Coordinate referrals and inter-agency communication.
- Manage pain
- Monitor patients in restraints and seclusion and maintain patient safety
- Determine medical or psychiatric emergency need and provide intervention
- Perform related duties as assigned
Please call 806-799-4868 for more information.
- 1+ years of experience in M/S within the past 3 years (accumulated)
- Current BLS (ACLS a plus!)
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Strond problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
From the dramatic views of the Franklin Mountains to the breathtaking scenery of the Rio Grande, there is a lot to take in when visiting El Paso. Bordering the Mexican town of Ciudad Juarez, it is possible for travelers to easily visit the two countries all in the same day. A dominant presence in the history of early Americana and a rich cultural heritage give El Paso a distinctive stance amongst the cities of the Southwest.
In addition to per diem nursing assignments that let you choose your location and schedule, Nursefinders offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Comprehensive Medical Benefits (for those determined to have worked full-time after a 12 month ACA eligibility period)
Supplemental Benefits: Dental, Vision, Medical Indemnity, Life Insurance with optional Critical Illness and Short Term Disability.
FREE Online CEU’s to all Active Staff’
“Star Rewards”- performance incentives
About the Company
Nursefinders, an AMN healthcare company, is your trusted local and per-diem nursing staffing agency, offering thousands of top-quality nursing (RN) career opportunities in the locations and times that best suit your lifestyle. With a nationwide network of offices to serve you, Nursefinders has the most exclusive contracts with top-ranked hospitals and facilities across the nation. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.