Job Description & Requirements
Skilled Nursing- Licensed Vocational Nurse
|The role of the Skilled Nursing Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is to perform a variety of duties to care and comfort patients requiring medical services. A skilled nurse implements and evaluates patient care while performing nursing procedures to treat and rehabilitate patients. Nursefinders of West Texas is currently seeking Skilled Nursing LVNs who are able to float to various skilled facilities in Lubbock, as well as surrounding rural areas. Each position is different and will require each nurse to be creative, quick-thinking, and a good communicator. |
- Record patient's history
- Give medication as prescribed by the physician
- Take vital signs
- Basic wound care
- Provide immunizations, and injections of medications
- Monitor fluid/food intake and output
- Observe patient reactions to medications, and mental status
- Provide emotional support
- Assist with daily needs such as bathing and dressing
- At least 1 year of experience in a skilled setting within the past 3 years.
- BLS Certifications
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Texas or Compact License.
In addition to per diem nursing assignments that let you choose your location and schedule, Nursefinders offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Comprehensive Medical Benefits (for those determined to have worked full-time after a 12 month ACA eligibility period)
Supplemental Benefits: Dental, Vision, Medical Indemnity, Life Insurance with optional Critical Illness and Short Term Disability.
FREE Online CEU’s to all Active Staff’
“Star Rewards”- performance incentives
About the Company
Nursefinders, an AMN healthcare company, is your trusted local and per-diem nursing staffing agency, offering thousands of top-quality nursing (RN) career opportunities in the locations and times that best suit your lifestyle. With a nationwide network of offices to serve you, Nursefinders has the most exclusive contracts with top-ranked hospitals and facilities across the nation. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.